Friday, April 1, 2011

Hot Cocoa Mix

This makes a large batch of hot cocoa mix.  Especially since my mom gets the ingredients in bulk for me at Sam's Club, it's a much more economical way to enjoy our cocoa than buying it premade at the store. Living in Minnesota with the cold winters we drink a LOT of cocoa around here! :o)

  • 4 c powdered milk
  • 8 c powdered sugar
  • 2 c coffee creamer (I usually use the plain creamer, but you could vary the flavor of the cocoa by using a flavored coffee creamer.)
  • 1 c unsweetened baking cocoa
Place all ingredients in a VERY large bowl (I use my huge Tupperware mixing bowl ~ I believe it's called Thatsa Bowl) and mix thoroughly.  Place in airtight containers until ready to use.  I normally store some in an empty baking cocoa container because it happens to have a plastic lid that makes it easy to serve from, and then I'll store the rest in a Tupperware cereal container.  I've also stored it in canning jars, which makes it easy to give as gifts.

To serve, place 2-3 Tbsp (or to taste) into a coffee cup and fill with hot water, stir.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment