Friday, April 15, 2011

Banana Bread

Anybody that knows my Dad knows how much he LOVES bananas, so much so that my aunt & uncle gave him a whole crate of bananas as a gag gift for my parents' wedding and then again for their 25th anniversary.  After my parents' 25th anniversary party we had to figure out what to do with all of those bananas so they didn't go to waste, so I ended up making a whole bunch of banana bread.  This is the recipe I used.
  • 1/2 c butter (can use shortening)
  • 1 c sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 8 Tbsp cold water
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 1/2 c flour
  • 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • nuts (optional)
Cream together butter and sugar, add eggs and cold water.  Mix to combine.  In another bowl combine baking soda, baking powder, and flour.  Add mashed bananas to wet mixture and stir well.  Stir in dry ingredients a little at a time until incorporated.  If desired, add some chopped nuts such as walnuts or pecans.  Lightly grease 2 loaf pans or spray with nonstick cooking spray.  Divide batter evenly between the loaf pans and bake at 325 degrees for about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment