Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hot Chili Dip

This recipe came from my friend Jeni (Frank) Outlaw.  It's absolutely incredible!  Note for my family & friends who have experienced this dip: this is the "B____" dip.  You know what I mean. ;)
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 2 lbs Velveeta, cubed
  • Garlic powder or garlic salt to taste (I usually substitute a clove of garlic, minced.)
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 small cans tomato sauce
  • 1 small can jalapeno peppers or green chiles, (depending on how hot you want the dip to be) finely chopped
Fry the ground beef and onions together and add garlic.  Put the mixture together with the remaining ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low just until the cheese is melted.  Serve with tortilla chips.

Note: This amount will fit in a smaller crock pot.  I usually make a double batch when I bring it to potlucks and make it in my 5 or 6-qt crock pot.  People love the dip so much it's pretty much all gone within not too much time even if I make a double batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment