Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cavitelli

This recipe is from my friend Carol.  She made it quite often and it's delicious!  This is a perfect midweek meal ~ it's easy, yummy, and budget-friendly.
  • 1 lb hamburger
  • 1 (28 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1/2 of a large jar taco sauce
  • 16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (When I've made this recently I've cut the amount of mozzarella to 8 oz and it still tastes yummy.)
  • 8 oz small shell macaroni (My husband has an aversion to shell pasta for some reason so I usually make it with elbow macaroni.)
Brown hamburger and cook noodles according to package directions.  In a 9x13" pan combine hamburger, spaghetti sauce, taco sauce, and macaroni and spread across pan so it's an even thickness in the pan.  Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes until cheese is golden brown and the casserole bubbles.  Note: For a little extra kick I usually add a couple shakes of Frank's Red Hot Sauce to the pan with the spaghetti sauce & taco sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment